ACO BNP Paribas Pathway Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The ACO BNP Paribas Pathway Scholarship is an annual scholarship that will enable a student to receive financial and other support with activities associated with reaching a high level of string playing.
Support will be assessed on a needs basis but will cover such things as:
- purchasing or hiring a musical instrument
- attending regular private instrumental lessons with a local string teacher
- attending a local community music ensemble (if available)
- assistance with auditioning for and attending the ACO Academy program (as appropriate)
- accessing mentoring sessions with an ACO musician.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be:
- Aged between 10 and 18 in 2021
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in their chosen string instrument (violin, viola, cello or double bass) via a video audition
- Be able to commit to attending weekly private music lessons and local training ensemble activities as appropriate
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person; and / or
- identify as a person with disability*; and / or
- are experiencing financial need and or other hardship.
Applications for the ACO BNP Paribas Pathways scholarship for 2021 have now closed.
For more information about the scholarship, requirements and application process see our information sheet here.
*As outlined in the NSW Disability Inclusion Act 2014, ACO defines disability as a long-term physical, psychiatric, intellectual or sensory impairment that, in interaction with various barriers, may hinder the person’s full and effective participation in the community on an equal basis with others.