2022 Emerging Artist Auditions
Applications for our 2022 Emerging Artist Program are now open.
Who can apply?
Exceptional violin, viola, cello or double bass players between the ages of 18 and 28.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or hold permanent residency.
How do I apply?
- Make an audio recording of you performing two contrasting pieces. All pieces must be recorded with piano accompaniment, with the exception of pieces that are written for unaccompanied solo instrument.
- Recordings then must be uploaded to Dropbox as separate files, and then shared as links. Please click here for more information.
- Fill out the application form linked below.
- Upload links to your audio recordings in the application form.
Please note that you must upload your audio recording links to your audio files at the time of filling out this application form, so ensure you have completed that step first. Click here for more information.
Key dates – 2022 Emerging Artist Program
- Applications will close on Wednesday 21 April 2021 at 11:59pm AEST
- Notification of outcome and invitations for live auditions will be made by Tuesday 18 May 2021.
How do I submit my audition audio?
- Record audio of you performing two contrasting pieces. All pieces must be recorded with piano accompaniment, with the exception of pieces that are written for unaccompanied solo instrument.
- All audition audio must be uploaded and shared via Dropbox.
- In the application form, you will be prompted to enter two separate Dropbox links to each of your audio files. Please read information here of how to upload and share your audio via Dropbox.
- Recordings must be less than 6 months old.
- Videos will not be accepted.
- There is no time limit on audio.