ACO Music & Opera Tour
Join us for the first ACO MUSIC & OPERA TOUR: 2018 Easter Festival Journey to Europe’s great Easter music festivals in France, Germany and Spain.
The tour runs from 26 March to 11 April 2018 and is led by former ACO General Manager, Antony Jeffrey. This tour will take ACO subscribers, supporters and friends to fascinating cities and world-famous music festivals during the Easter period in 2018.
Richard Evans, Managing Director of the ACO talks about the ACO Music & Opera Tour.
Testimonials of ACO Music and Opera Tour
Our Easter Festival Journey takes in the historic Franco-German city of Strasbourg, Europe’s most fashionable spa and music centre Baden-Baden, the gorgeous festival town of Aix en Provence and the Catalonian capital Barcelona. Unrivalled performances of opera and concerts will be headlined by Sir Simon Rattle and the world’s supreme orchestra the Berlin Philharmonic which will be resident at the Easter Festival in Baden-Baden.
- Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony plus Leonard Bernstein’s extraordinary jazz-inflected symphony The Age of Anxiety played by the Berlin Philharmonic conducted by Sir Simon Rattle.
- Wagner’s Parsifal in a new production at Baden Baden’s magnificent Festspielhaus performed by a stellar cast with the Berlin Philharmonic under Sir Simon Rattle.
- Ivan Fischer conducts Mendelssohn’s Midsummer Night’s Dream in Baden Baden with brilliant young Norwegian violinist Vilde Frang playing Bartok’s violin concerto no. 1.
- A production of the 1976 opera Golden Pavilion by Japanese composer Toshira Mayuzumi in Strasbourg, based on the novel by Yukio Mishima about the destructive power of beauty.
- Zubin Mehta conducts Orchestra del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino in the music of Stravinsky and Wagner at the legendary Catalonian Arts Centre, Palau de la Musica.
- The program for the 2018 Festival de Paques in Aix en Provence will be released in August and we will select performances with the best soloists and the most intriguing programs.
- Guided visits and excursions to great museums, galleries, historic buildings, river cruises etc.
Sir Simon Rattle and Berlin Philharmonic
The cost of the tour is €5,850 for all accommodation including breakfast in centrally located four or five-star hotels on a twin shared room basis, tickets to all ten performances, inter-city and local transport, taxis, guides and at least two group dinners. An extra €1,200 is charged for single accommodation in a double room.
For more information on the tour, find the brochure here. The Tour is now fully subscribed but you may like to put your name on a wait-list in case there are cancellations, or to receive advance information about future tours. To go on the wait-list, complete the online booking form here without paying the deposit. You will be contacted as soon as a place on the tour becomes available.
For any other questions about joining the tour or the program, please don’t hesitate to call Tour Leader Antony Jeffrey on 0425 206 312 or email him at email@example.com.