ACO MUSIC & OPERA TOUR
Join us for the first ACO MUSIC & OPERA TOUR: Golden Autumn Journey to Europe’s great music centres from 25 October to 8 November 2017. Led by former ACO General Manager Antony Jeffrey.
This tour will take ACO subscribers, supporters and friends to performances in four great musical cities of Europe.
Our musical journey visits Vienna, Dresden and Berlin for unrivalled performances of opera and concerts by supreme opera companies and orchestras, culminating in ACO concerts in Helsinki and Espoo, Finland.
- A performance of Dvorak’s gorgeous opera Rusalka at the legendary Vienna State Opera, Europe’s greatest opera company
- An Austrian National Day concert of Viennese favourites in the world famous Musikverein concert hall
- A concert at Vienna’s superb Konzerthaus by the brilliant Russian orchestra MusicAeterna of music by Prokofiev and Shostakovich
- Mozarts classic comedy the Abduction from the Seraglio and Puccini’s evergreen La Boheme at the beautiful Semper Opera in Dresden
- Verdi’s passionate epic Nabucco at Berlin’s Deutsche Oper
- A concert at Berlin’s splendid Philharmonie by one of its five great orchestras or an opera at the long awaited restoration of Daniel Barenboim’s Staatsoper Unter den Linden.
- Two programs in Helsinki by the ACO with Finnish composer/ pianist Olli Mustonen followed by a reception with the players
- Guided visits and excursions to great museums, galleries, historic buildings, river cruises etc
The cost of the tour is $8,250 for all accommodation including breakfast in centrally located four or five star hotels on a twin shared room basis, tickets to all nine performances, inter-city and local transport, taxis, guides and at least two group dinners. An extra $1,500 is charged for single accommodation in a double room.
Email Tour Leader Antony Jeffrey here to secure your spot or to obtain further information.
Click here to download the booking form.