ACO BNP Paribas Pathway Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The ACO BNP Paribas Pathway Scholarship is an annual scholarship that will enable a student to receive financial and other support with activities associated with reaching a high level of string playing.
Support will be assessed on a needs basis but will cover such things as:
- purchasing or hiring a musical instrument
- attending regular private instrumental lessons with a local string teacher
- attending a local community music ensemble (if available)
- assistance with auditioning for and attending the ACO Academy program (as appropriate)
- accessing mentoring sessions with an ACO musician.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be:
- Aged between 10 and 18
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in their chosen string instrument (violin, viola, cello or double bass) via a video audition
- Be able to commit to attending weekly private music lessons and local training ensemble activities as appropriate
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person; and / or
- identify as a person with disability*; and / or
- are experiencing financial need and or other hardship.
Applications for the ACO BNP Paribas Pathway Scholarship will open in 2022.
For further information please contact Learning & Engagement at [email protected]
*As outlined in the NSW Disability Inclusion Act 2014, ACO defines disability as a long-term physical, psychiatric, intellectual or sensory impairment that, in interaction with various barriers, may hinder the person’s full and effective participation in the community on an equal basis with others.