Our commitment to privacy is based on:
2. The choice to give us personal information if you wish to receive information about the ACO which is tailored to your interests; and
3. A pledge that any information given is kept safely and securely, using appropriate technology and to accepted industry standards.
The ACO website
The ACO website is designed to provide visitors with easy online access to information about the products and services we have to offer. It also provides support for our customers and business partners. Much of the content of this site is given freely, and can be viewed anonymously.
What kind of information do we collect and hold?
The information we collect may include name, address and other contact details, (Contact Information) and details of your dealings with us (Activity Information). If you don’t provide some or all of this information, we may not be able to provide our services to you effectively or at all.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We collect information through our website when you purchase tickets or sign up to our E-newsletter. We also may collect information through our box office over the phone, or through third parties such as performance venues.
How do we hold personal information?
Personal details collected by the ACO are stored on secure servers, protected from unauthorised access. Security measures are industry standard. We ensure that personal information the ACO holds is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, or modification. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is secure, accurate, complete and up to date.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect information about you to provide the services you request including booking tickets, enquiries, subscriptions, donations, merchandise and sponsorship, and to tailor our services and offerings to you. Information collected by us will only be used to:
• verify your identity when accessing secure areas of our website;
• allow us to provide tailored information and services;
• allow us to better understand the needs of our customers and business partners;
• allow us to offer special discounts and offers to those who have stated an interest in the services or products being offered;
• or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may disclose Contact Information we collect to our consortium partners in the Tessitura ticketing system (Sydney Opera House, Opera Australia, Australian Brandenburg Orchestra, Bell Shakespeare and the Seymour Centre and other future partners, if appropriate) or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
From time to time we may check postal addresses against the post office database to ensure their accuracy.
Names and addresses may be provided to a third party for the purposes of mailing appropriate information.
How can I access my information?
You may access your account details in the following ways.
1. Through our website at www.aco.com.au
2. By calling our Box Office 1800 444 444
You may ask to have your information corrected by contacting the ACO.
Links to other sites
The ACO cannot take responsibility for the privacy policies, conduct or quality of third party websites linked to from this site. You should check the privacy policies of any third party site before disclosing any personal information.
Google Analytics remarketing codes are used to record instances where users view certain pages or take certain actions on a website. This will later enable us to offer targeted advertising. If you do not want to be a recipient of targeted advertising, you can opt out through the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Changes to our policy
The ACO reserves the right to change this policy at any time and we therefore encourage you to review this page regularly.
Questions or concerns
Please contact us if you would like to access your information, or have any further questions or concerns about your privacy, and our conduct online.
Australian Chamber Orchestra Pty Ltd
Opera Quays, 2 East Circular Quay, Sydney NSW 2000
PO Box R21, Royal Exchange NSW 1225
ABN 45 001 335 182
Telephone +61 2 8274 3800
Fax +61 2 8274 3801
We will respond to your enquiry within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied by our response you may contact the Information Commissioner.
Terms and Conditions
2. The right is reserved to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised programs, artists and seating arrangements.
3. No refunds or exchanges except as provided in the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia (liveperformance.com.au)
4. Ticket exchanges are subject to availability and will be undertaken in accordance with the current terms specified by the exchange service.
5. A booking fee of $7.50 applies per transaction for all online and telephone bookings of 2017 events, regardless of the number of tickets or events purchased simultaneously. Please see aco.com.au/bookinginformation for more details.
6. Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue’s auditorium.
7. Mobile phones, pagers, and so forth must be turned off before entry into the venue’s auditorium.
8. The ACO reserves the right to record, broadcast and simulcast any performance.
9. Tickets are only valid when purchased from the ACO or an authorized agent.
10. Performances may be unsuitable for children under the age of eight years of age. All patrons irrespective of age must hold a valid ticket and occupy a seat or dedicated position.
11. Patrons arriving late will not be admitted into the venue’s auditorium until there is a suitable break in the performance.
12. Patrons who disrupt a performance, who are in the possession of a prohibited object, concession ID may be ejected from the venue without refund of ticket purchase.
13. Patrons are responsible for their own safety and property and enter the venue at their own risk.
14. The ACO is not liable to you for any claims, damages, compensation, losses or expense as a result of a performance being cancelled, postponed or changed.
15. The ACO may make offers to ticket holders during the normal course of business. These offers are subject to change without notice and the ACO is not responsible for the performance of third parties in relation to any offer or service.
16. The ACO may choose not to enforce some terms and conditions noted above however this does not mean that the ACO waives its right to enforce some or all of the terms as it sees fit. If any of these terms cannot be enforced, the other terms will survive.
17. The ACO will replace lost or forgotten tickets. At the Australian Chamber Orchestra, we respect your privacy. We've prepared a policy statement to inform you about why we request information about you, how we use it and how we protect that information.
Subscription Terms and Conditions
Subscribe by Friday 16 September 2016 and automatically go in the draw to win a trip for two to the ACO Uluru Festival on 2-4 June 2017. Full terms and conditions apply.
RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS
Renew your subscription by Friday 16 September 2016 to keep your seats. After this date your seats will be released for sale. Return the personalised form that was mailed with your brochure. Seating change requests must be made when renewing. Changes, where possible, will be made primarily in date order of receipt. Where it is not possible to satisfy a change request, the original seats will be allocated.
Under 30-year-olds save up to 50%. Veterans’ Affairs pensioners, Full-time Students, Centrelink-issued Pension and Health Care card holders are eligible for concession price tickets. Seniors Cards are not eligible for concession prices. The Friday matinee series at City Recital Hall is an exception to this rule.
PROCESSING YOUR ORDER
Tickets will be allocated in date order of receipt, prioritised as follows: renewals without changes, renewals with changes, new subscriptions. Seats are subject to availability and tickets will be mailed by December 2016. Your credit card will be debited or your cheque banked on receipt of your application. If you choose to pay in two instalments, you will be charged 50% on receipt of your application and 50% in early December 2016.
EXCHANGES & REPLACEMENT TICKETS
After 24 November 2016, subscription tickets can be exchanged for different concerts, subject to availability. Subscribers can exchange their tickets at no cost when exchanges are made up to 21 days before 2017 performances. After that time, a fee of $7.50 is charged per transaction. Tickets are transferable and able to be replaced if you lose them. Tickets are not refundable. Please note that ticket exchanges must be for performances in the same calendar year.
We ask for a tax-deductible donation to be included with your subscription to help us maintain the ACO as Australia’s finest orchestra and to help us provide essential support for our education work. We receive less than 12% of our funding from government sources so we rely on the generosity of our supporters. Thank you for your contribution.
SUBSCRIPTIONS AS GIFTS
Experiences make the best gifts. Consider giving friends and family an ACO subscription for Christmas, or a birthday. You may also visit aco.com.au/shop for gift certificates and CDs.
Tickets for Choose Your Own Packages go on sale on Monday 14 November 2016. Single tickets go on sale on Thursday 24 November 2016. Sign up to the ACO enewsletter to receive pre-sale announcements.
2017 Subscription Prize Terms and Conditions
NSW Permit Number: LTPS-16-06053
ACT Permit Number: ACT TP 16/01536
Australian Chamber Orchestra 2017 Subscription Competition
Entry is free and automatic to anyone (over the age of 18 years) who subscribes to the Australian Chamber Orchestra’s 2017 season between 17 August 2016 and 16 September 2016 (inclusive). Subscriptions can be made by post (PO Box R21, Royal Exchange NSW 1225), online (aco.com.au/subscribe), facsimile (02 8275 3887) or by phone (toll free 1800 444 444).
The winner will be drawn at the Australian Chamber Orchestra office, 2 East Circular Quay, Sydney on 30 September 2016, 12pm.
The winner will be notified by mail no later than 14 October 2016. The winner’s name will be published in the Australian newspaper on Saturday 15 October 2016 and aco.com.au no later than 14 October 2016.
Employees of the Australian Chamber Orchestra and their families and partners are not eligible to enter.
All eligible entries will have equal chance to win. The Australian Chamber Orchestra cannot accept responsibility for lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
The first eligible entry drawn will win a trip for two to the ACO Uluru Festival (2–4 June 2017). The prize includes three nights’ 5 star accommodation with full breakfast at Sails in the Desert Hotel, courtesy of Voyages Ayers Rock Resort (includes shuttle transport to and from airport), return Economy flights for two from your nearest capital city courtesy of Virgin Australia and two premium tickets to all three Festival concerts. Total prize value is approximately AUD$3,235.
There are also four runners-up prizes of six bottles of either Eight Songs Shiraz or Wigan Riesling courtesy of Peter Lehmann Wines. Prize value of each wine package is $180.
Flights, accommodation and tickets must be used in conjunction with each other and are not available separately. Travel insurance and all other meals apart from breakfast are the responsibility of the winner. The winner must claim the prize by 2 January 2017.
The prize is non-replaceable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
If the prize is not claimed, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 6 January 2017 at 12pm at the Australian Chamber Orchestra office; 2 East Circular Quay, Sydney. Winners of this draw (if applicable) will be notified by mail no later than 13 January 2017; the name will be published in the Australian newspaper on 7 January 2017 and on aco.com.au no later than 7 January 2017.
Information collected from entrants will not be passed on to a third party.The promoter is: Australian Chamber Orchestra, Opera Quays, 2 East Circular Quay, Sydney NSW 2000 (ABN: 45 001 335 182), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.